Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Seriously the WORST, most DISGUSTING house-sitting experience. Do I (25F) tell my Aunt (60sF) how I feel about it?

I'm on mobile so sorry about formatting, spelling, etc. TL;DR at the bottom.

Some background: I agreed to house-sit for my Aunt Stacey (60sF) so that she and her daughter Kay (43F) could travel to another state to visit family for the holidays. My Aunt Stacey and Kay live together. Altogether they have 4 cats and a large dog, plus there are fish and houseplants to tend to. I also have a pet that they normally let stay with me, but I can't this time, as you will soon see.

Now, I have house-sat for my Aunt and Kay in the past with no problems.

This time has been a nightmare.

I showed up to receive my instructions the night before their flight and they were plastered. Not a huge deal because I remember what to do for the animals, except my Aunt pissed her bed. Yeah. She woke me up at 5am on the 27th, still drunk, and informed me that I needed to clean her bed so she could focus on catching her flight. Um. Excuse me?

They also failed to inform me that they scheduled to have all the flooring in the house replaced while they're gone. Long story short, this means I can't bring my small pet over to stay with me. Traveling back and forth to feed everyone has added 26 miles to my daily commute. Plus, I just stopped by and as soon as I walked in, the strong scent of acetone hit me in the face. Whatever they are using to lay the hardwood is annoyingly stinky.I probably killed a few brain cells while I fed the animals.

The basement. The basement, you guys. It's so bad. There are 4 cats and Kay has clearly not cleaned the litter boxes in a while. It's all over the floor. Additionally, there is a patch of carpet that the dog has claimed for pooping/peeing when Kay is working long hours. Stacey has a medical condition that prevents her from using the stairs, lifting things, or taking Kay's dog out, so it's Kay's responsibility and she has seemingly neglected it. Before the flooring guys started using chemicals, you could smell the litter boxes from the top of the stairs. I went down there to grab dog food and it made my eyes water. That shit'll put some hair on your chest.

And finally, I tried to sleep there last night and left because of safety concerns. The doorbell rang after 9:30 last night, so like any reasonable millenial, I ignored the doorbell and called Kay to ask if they were expecting anyone else. She replied, "Oh it might be this homeless guy I've been fucking off and on. He knows the garage code but he is a total sweetheart and will leave if you tell him to." Nope. Nope nope nope nope! I waited a bit and noped the fuck out of there, my dudes. I don't have a key so I couldn't deadbolt the door to the garage before I left, so I might walk in and find some rando's hanging out tomorrow.

So yeah. I'm a little angry with my aunt and cousin right now. I still haven't cleaned my Aunt's bed because the flooring guys moved it and tipped it onto it's side. And to be really fucking honest I'm not sure I intend to clean it regardless. She even called me to double down that I need to clean her bed. You guys, what the fuck do I do here? I am a total germophobe and this is all so very gross. Should I tell them how horrible this experience has been for me? I've helped them before for free, but should I demand payment this time? Will that even make me feel any better? I don't think I'm being a whiney lil bitch...

TL;DR: House-sitting for family members that declined to inform me all the flooring would be replaced while they're out of town. Had to leave my own pet at home as a result, which adds 26miles to my commute. Aunt pissed the bed and expects me to clean it. House is disgusting. Do I express my anger or shove it down?

Edit: The suggestion to call animal protection has been made numerous times. Other suggestions please.



Submitted December 28, 2018 at 07:20PM by oniraa http://bit.ly/2TbGKzw
Seriously the WORST, most DISGUSTING house-sitting experience. Do I (25F) tell my Aunt (60sF) how I feel about it? Seriously the WORST, most DISGUSTING house-sitting experience. Do I (25F) tell my Aunt (60sF) how I feel about it? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.