Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [35/m] politely decline an invitation to my step brother’s [32/m] bachelor party?

My step-brother is getting married this year. I’m invited to the wedding but am not a groomsman.

I’ve been invited to the bachelor party which would require flying across the country for a weekend. I get along well with my step-brother but am not among his close friends, so I assume they invited me more out of obligation than a sincere need for me to be there; based on the other RSVPs so far I think he will have enough friends there for a good time.

The thing is, I really don’t want to go. Mostly because I’m overwhelmed with my new job at the moment and I don’t like drinking alcohol or staying up super late. Also I’m gay, so I have little interest in things like strip clubs. I recognize though that this is an important moment for my step-brother, so I want to be supportive and not dismissive.

Is there a way to politely decline without making up some lame untrue excuse? Can I just say “sorry, best wishes but I can’t make it” without providing an explanation?

Thanks.

TL;DR: don’t want to go to a bachelor party I was invited to but don’t really feel comfortable telling him the real reasons.



Submitted December 29, 2018 at 06:58AM by rr90013 http://bit.ly/2EXTU06
How do I [35/m] politely decline an invitation to my step brother’s [32/m] bachelor party? How do I [35/m] politely decline an invitation to my step brother’s [32/m] bachelor party? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.