Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (36F) call my boyfriend (35M) "my fiance" out of embarrassment because we've been dating for 5 years and aren't married or engaged.

I do this in situations where I feel cringy admitting that I'm 36 years old with a boyfriend instead of a husband. For example, in a job interview or speaking to a customer. I know my man loves me and we will get married sooner or later. It's just that we are working on our careers, raising kids (we each have 7 year olds from previous relationships) saving money...the usual delays. But I just feel like such a loser saying "boyfriend" at my age. Like, don't people who have their shit together make a point of getting married? Like my 23 year old cousin who just tied the knot. I held her the day she was born, and last month i watched her walk down the isle. And I'm just hanging out here like, yup...getting older. Do you think people are people thinking "there must be problems if they aren't married yet". I don't know why this is making me very sad. Am I being ridiculous for feeling like this?

TLDR: I tell people I'm engaged because I'm embarrassed that my BF of 5 years hasn't proposed.



Submitted December 29, 2018 at 11:29AM by greedymima77 http://bit.ly/2AoZHrz
I (36F) call my boyfriend (35M) "my fiance" out of embarrassment because we've been dating for 5 years and aren't married or engaged. I (36F) call my boyfriend (35M) "my fiance" out of embarrassment because we've been dating for 5 years and aren't married or engaged. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.