Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[UPDATE] I [25F] told my mom [56F] that I and daughter [5F] are moving out, she isn't happy.

ORIGINAL POST: click here!

TL;DR: Mom and sister know I am moving now, they claim I am screwing them over and being selfish and that my daughter should get taken away and given to them despite my mom's current illegal activities (drug use, shop lifting). They are demanding I still pay my full DHS cash aid and food stamps and not be allowed to save for a new place which would lead to me never leaving (as has happened in the past). Still planning on talking to both my college adviser (when the campus reopens in 2 weeks) and my DHS welfare worker (next week) about housing assistance and help getting a job.

I told her that as of this upcoming month I could only give her under half of what I get from my DHS cash aid from now on so I could save up money for moving. She is claiming now that I am selfish, am the reason her house is filthy despite that I've attempted to clean up multiple times and she screams at me when I go to throw away things we don't need or she will dig it back out of the trash, and has been hoarding useless junk for years, and that I am screwing her over.

My sister [28F, almost 29] is the other person living with us (I'm being more specific because honestly who cares now if they find this after I've told them I'm done) and after my dad died she lost her job and didn't bother getting work again until the lady who dropped her from babysitting her kids suddenly needed a babysitter again which was about October. She didn't pay a dime in that whole time and is the one who begged me (last minute) to pay $1100 to electricity the night they promised they would turn us off after telling me for weeks before that she wouldn't ask it of me. Prior to this, when she had a decent job before the babysitting job she would only pay maybe $100 rent and then save the rest and went to comic con 3 years in a row. My sister also does nothing in house.

Yet I am the one screwing mom over???

Is it wrong of me to be firm and only give a small amount as well as pitch in food stamps wise until I move out and save the rest of the money for a new place?

Also to add; she has 4 dogs, poor rental history which is her own fault, borrows money from everyone which she claims she needs to pay back as a high priority, and I know her past long term drug use is about as much in the past as this post is since I've walked in on her smoking from a pipe multiple times. And no it's not weed, as she had a bad reaction to it last time and claims to be terrified of ever touching it again and also admitted she is still using drugs and had multiple failed drug tests which lost her a great doctor who actually cared about her. She also shop lifts and has other non legal activities, which I obviously don't want to be involved in nor my child.

These are all added/important reasons why I want to get out as soon as possible. I've discussed all of this stuff with my mom, she refuses to change and claims it's not her fault and blames it on drugs or someone else. Both of my sisters (one mentioned and then a 32F who lives with her husband and kids) don't see anything bad about our mom's lifestyle/life choices and constantly excuse her and enable her. They think I am the one in the wrong and are hoping my daughter gets taken away and gets given to my mom and the sister who lives with me, which obviously won't happen with what I know and that there is no reason for my daughter to get taken away.



Submitted December 28, 2018 at 05:33PM by InNeedOfSanctuary http://bit.ly/2SqRpq7
[UPDATE] I [25F] told my mom [56F] that I and daughter [5F] are moving out, she isn't happy. [UPDATE] I [25F] told my mom [56F] that I and daughter [5F] are moving out, she isn't happy. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.