Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend [m, 32] calls me [f, 26] argumentative, but I think we are just having a discussion. What's the difference?

I [female, 26] keep having this problem in my newish 8 month relationship with my boyfriend [male, 32] where I think we are having a discussion and he thinks we are arguing. Or, we will be working on something together, like IKEA furniture or a simple car repair, and any opinion I offer is scoffed at or frustration is expressed on his end because he doesn't find it helpful.

This is turning into fights, because we will be talking and he will suddenly snap, express frustration, and say, "I'm not arguing with you about this, drop it."

From my perspective, I genuinely think we are having a conversation or trying to work together to figure something out, so this outrages me. I am taken aback, and then feel silenced because it seems to happen if I am expressing my opinion about something and he disagrees.

Does anyone have experience with being called argumentative by their partner or feeling snapped at? I'm having trouble not viewing this as a typical male silencing female sexist dynamic, and unsure how to bring this up to him.

I have told him that I am unsure how to have a discussion with him without him viewing it as an argument and that I do feel silenced, but have only been met with, "I have the right to walk away from any conversation I don't want to have." That seems like bs to me...

TL;DR Boyfriend [m, 32] says I [f, 26] am being argumentative and shuts down conversations.

Help! Thank you!



Submitted December 29, 2018 at 04:14AM by awkahole http://bit.ly/2RmkaH5
My boyfriend [m, 32] calls me [f, 26] argumentative, but I think we are just having a discussion. What's the difference? My boyfriend [m, 32] calls me [f, 26] argumentative, but I think we are just having a discussion. What's the difference? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.