Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Has anyone here accepted they are going to be alone for the rest of their life?

Before I get into the whole story I'm not looking for a sympathetic "You'll meet the right person eventually" or "There's a lid for every pot" reassurance.

I'm asking if anyone has come to the conclusion that they are going to be alone forever. Period.

A bit of context: I was in a long term relationship that ended after 11 years. We almost got married but let's say she got a little bit too friendly with my best friend at the time for me to ever trust her enough to walk the aisle mile with her. I value myself too much.

Since that ended a few years ago I've had a couple relationships, ok but not great. The last one I ended because she threatened to leave me if I didn't want kids.

To cut a long story short I am now in my mid-late thirties and single. I'm not interested in dating anymore. I'm sure I will be eventually but even browsing through Tinder and that lot, the girls that match me I'm not keen on at all. Just reading through profiles or chatting and they just sound like not the kind of people I'm interested in. Or they already have kids of their own - and that's great, but it's not for me.

TL;DR: I think everyone who would be relationship compatible at my age is happily married/taken/whatever. Anyone else feeling like this and accepting that they will never find the one for life?

Thanks for looking



Submitted December 28, 2018 at 06:12PM by Me_The_Misanthrope http://bit.ly/2Te3wa3
Has anyone here accepted they are going to be alone for the rest of their life? Has anyone here accepted they are going to be alone for the rest of their life? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.