Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mom [59F] gave me [20F] a cheque as my Christmas present, but doesn’t approve of anything I’d like to buy. Should I give it back?

This is a super first world problem but here it goes. My mom gave me a cheque for Christmas so that I could buy my own presents in the sales that I would definitely love and use.

I would like to buy a polo shirt, a duffel coat (because where I live is cold) and some hair extensions, because my hair is so weak and thin that unfortunately I can’t grow it past my shoulders anymore.

My mom really disapproves of what I’m buying and so I don’t really know what to do. She says hair extensions are a waste of money, even though she has complimented when I wear them in the past. She also thinks the jacket is like something an old woman would wear, which I kinda get but I like it and it looks really snuggly.

It’s her money and I don’t feel like it’s appropriate to spend her gift on things she seems very against me purchasing. But at the same time, I’m 20 years old and asking her permission seems childish - plus, I might get answers I don’t want lol.

What do you think I should do that would avoid hard feelings or an argument? I was considering just transferring the money back into her account and forgetting about it. She’d be about 30 quid down because I bought two hairbrushes but apart from that it’s all intact. It’s only money and I wouldn’t be that upset over it, but at the same time it makes me feel childish.

Tl;Dr - my mom disapproves of everything I would like to purchase using her gift money. Should I just give it back and avoid an argument?



Submitted December 29, 2018 at 03:29AM by throwthrowawayawaypp http://bit.ly/2Ai8xHp
My mom [59F] gave me [20F] a cheque as my Christmas present, but doesn’t approve of anything I’d like to buy. Should I give it back? My mom [59F] gave me [20F] a cheque as my Christmas present, but doesn’t approve of anything I’d like to buy. Should I give it back? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.