Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My younger stepsister (20/F) is trying to bully her way into my (24/F) wedding party

Hi r/relationships.

A few months ago, I became engaged to my longtime love. We are very excited, and have a wedding planned for next winter.

I might be in the wrong here, so please, call me out if I am.

I am much closer to my other stepsister, Sam, (22/F) than I am to Rebecca (20/F). Rebecca has made no attempts to maintain a relationship with me; I haven't spoken to her in a year, and she hasn't spoken more than five words to me in the past few years (rough estimate). She ignores my messages, and is otherwise not a pleasant person to be around. Sam, on the other hand, maintains regular contact with me. We are very close. It's sad, because the three of I were close back when I was younger, but for some reason, Rebecca has decided that I'm not to be in her life. I have literally done nothing to her, and made attempts over the years to involve her in stuff, speak to her, etc. Rebecca is still close to Sam.

I invited Rebecca as a guest, and allowed her to bring a plus one in her invite. I asked Sam to be one of my bridesmaids, and she happily accepted. Rebecca found out, and all hell broke loose. She is blowing up her mom's phone about why she isn't a bridesmaid, why it isn't fair, why does Sam get to be one and she doesn't, etc. I think she wants to be one for the attention, and not because she supports my relationship. My family is now trying to pressure me to add Rebecca to my bridesmaid party, and I don't want to. Rebecca probably wouldn't invite me to her wedding, let alone invite me to be in her bridal party. They're aware of how she treats me. Why do I need to invite her in to my inner circle on what is supposed to be a day to celebrate my family and my relationship?

What do I do?

Tl;dr: stepsister is trying to bully her way in to my wedding party. What do I do?



Submitted December 29, 2018 at 07:59PM by UnusualInitiative http://bit.ly/2SsJ19B
My younger stepsister (20/F) is trying to bully her way into my (24/F) wedding party My younger stepsister (20/F) is trying to bully her way into my (24/F) wedding party Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.