Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me (30F)with my husband (31M): he spent my money on himself

I just recently turned 30 and as a gift my parents gave me a few hundred dollars with a card that says to "pamper myself." I was really excited because as a stay at home mom to a 3 yo and a 1yo, I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding for the last 4 years. I haven't even had the time to get a proper haircut. I told my husband about the gift and how excited I was to use it. I left it magnetted inside the card in the envelope on the fridge.

I went to use the money yesterday and it was gone. At first I freaked out because I thought my 3yo had somehow gotten it down, even though it was way out of reach. I called my husband and he point blank told me he spent it on a golf club. He basically said that he earns the money so he has a right to all the money the house. He hung up on me when I got upset.

He came home and I tried to tell him how I felt about it. By the end of the conversation, I was apologizing to him for not offering him the money before I made plans for it. Now this morning I'm feeling confused and hurt and like my thoughts got twisted around. I feel like that was my money to spend and I deserved to spend it how I wanted. Its not like my husband never gets to treat himself, he just went on a week long trip with his college buddies last month.

I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or being selfish. I don't know how to approach this with my husband either because I'm worried that he will make me more confused. Am I in the wrong here?

TLDR my husband spent my birthday money on a golf club



Submitted September 01, 2018 at 07:17AM by TrickyDistance https://ift.tt/2NH9zBP
Me (30F)with my husband (31M): he spent my money on himself Me (30F)with my husband (31M): he spent my money on himself Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.