Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [22/F] need help having a healthy argument with my boyfriend [30/M]

We’ve been together 2 years, living for 1.

Once a week we have a huge fight over something stupid.

For example: He has a big interview this morning so we went to bed early. I had trouble sleeping last night and accidentally woke him up “20 times”. He complains rudely to me multiple times this morning that I woke him up. He doesn’t like it when I say sorry (“because sorry means nothing”?) so I told him I had bad dreams last night and went to bed too early and that I didn’t mean to do it. He says “NO!” it’s because I had too many covers on and sweating woke me up. He then calls me screaming on the phone on the way to work/interview saying how it will be all my fault if he blows this interview. Then he hangs up on me. He is absolutely furious.

Here’s how it goes: he complains to me about a problem he has about me, but instead of saying it in a calm way, he’s very blunt, direct, and to be honest quite mean about it. He then repeats himself over and over and over again to make sure I get the point and don’t do it again. Then he says I have an attitude when I try to respond even though I’m being very calm. I’ve expressed this to him but he says that’s the way he is, will always be, and I have to grow up and get over it. I understand that, but I get extremely heated when he tells me over and over again like I don’t understand the first time. How do I overcome this? I hate fighting every week over something dumb like this. Am I just too young for him? Too sensitive? I have no idea how to fix fights with him. It’s not just this fight, but every one. I always end up being the submissive.

TL;DR: we fight once a week over something small and stupid. When we do, he complains to me nonstop until I “get it” which makes me even more mad, making him mad to the point of slamming doors and yelling in my face. It’s like I can never win.



Submitted September 28, 2018 at 05:42AM by jellybeandreams https://ift.tt/2OWKOSC
I [22/F] need help having a healthy argument with my boyfriend [30/M] I [22/F] need help having a healthy argument with my boyfriend [30/M] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.