Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My jealousy is ruining my only real friendship

Hii guys so like the title says I (M27) only really have one "proper" friend who I've known since highschool, we were inseparable back then and still see each other regularly but to be blunt the last few years I've developed a near crippling jealousy of him

We were both the nerdy kids back in school but since graduation our lives have went down very different paths. My friend has set up his own very successful business, he has a huge house, nice car and a beautiful girlfriend with which he regualry goes on expensive vacations with, for him everything seems perfect

Whereas my life is far from perfect, I have a crappy dead end job that makes barely above min wage and I live alone in a crappy rented apartment

I'm honestly not even really concerned about the state of my own life but hanging out with my friend just brings it into focus. We meet up weekly and I'm genuinely embarrassed when he see's my apartment and I just feel physically sick when I visit him at his huge house

Absolutely nothing has been said by either of us but this discrepancy in wealth is like the elephant in the room and its making me want to break contact with my friend but at the same time I don't want to lose my only real friendship over this :(

Its a tricky one but what can I do to get over my jealousy and just be happy for my pal without feeling inadequate?

TLDR I'm jealous of my only friend because of the differences in our income/lifestyle and its ruining the time we spend together

Thank you :)



Submitted December 18, 2022 at 10:15AM by SeriouslyYellow https://ift.tt/CvoL8iQ
My jealousy is ruining my only real friendship My jealousy is ruining my only real friendship Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 19, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.