Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My girlfriend thinks my girl best friend doesn’t respect her boundaries. Turns out she doesn’t respect her, and I may have fucked up.

I (19M) have been in a relationship with my girlfriend (20F) for 3 years. I have a girl best friend (20F), and we’ve been friends for five years. I met her and my girlfriend around the same time. My girlfriend (who we’ll call Y) never has had an issue with my best friend (who we’ll call S) until S started asking me to buy her expensive things, asking me to buy her food via UberEats, and asking to share location.

When Y found out I was sharing locations with S, she questioned me. I said that we were sharing it because S wanted to. Y said it was for close friends and family. She stated she was uncomfortable and asked me to get rid of it. I thought it was dumb, but I did it anyways. S noticed we weren’t sharing locations any longer, and then I told S that Y was uncomfortable. S was upset, called her insecure and said “we couldn’t have anything” because Y was controlling. S feels this way because S sometimes asks me for things and when I talk about it with my girlfriend, I usually said “Y said no” and that would make her mad. And I agreed with her at the time because I was annoyed.

On Friday, Y found out and she got really pissed at me and was hurt because I was talking about her behind her back.

Yesterday Y tried talking to S, and expressed she felt offended by what S had said and was shocked that she was saying that stuff. S basically called her insecure the whole time, and that Y purposely had an issue with her, and stated that her boundaries were bullshit and that they were only directed towards her (some of the things she was trying to do were prevented by boundaries made way before S and I got closer). Y tried to tell S it wasn’t like that, and basically told Y she didn’t respect her and that she probably never will.

I talked to S today and I told her that talking about Y was unacceptable and I kinda fucked up by not exactly 100% blaming her, saying it was everyone’s fault and she only apologized to me only. Y was mad. Y said that she appreciated the fact that I talked to her about it but she did not like the way that I basically let her get away with a slap on the wrist. I just wanted everyone to be happy.

I don’t know what else to do. Any advice?

TL;DR: Girl best friend doesn’t respect my girlfriend. When I talked to her, I was too nice to best friend. Girlfriend is mad because I should’ve been more strict with best friend instead of trying to keep everyone happy.



Submitted December 18, 2022 at 08:11PM by throwRA678901 https://ift.tt/aOUukF6
My girlfriend thinks my girl best friend doesn’t respect her boundaries. Turns out she doesn’t respect her, and I may have fucked up. My girlfriend thinks my girl best friend doesn’t respect her boundaries. Turns out she doesn’t respect her, and I may have fucked up. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 19, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.