Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I threw my step mother out of my house after she disrespected my partner for his disability to speak now my dad and siblings are mad at me and want me to apologise to her.

My(24f) husband(28) has been mute since a major accident in his early teens in which he lost one of his parent. He was very hopeless about getting his ability to speak again after going through treatment for years and nothing worked but on my insistence we have restarted treatment and he is trying really hard . He is going on regular sessions and appointments and but there has been no improvement yet.

My step mom never really liked him. She is a narrow-minded woman and sees disabilities as flaws in a person.

I am eight weeks pregnant and having some early pregnancy issues . She volunteered to stay with me for some days after I was diagnosed with jaundice A week ago , she invited my dad and siblings for dinner at my place .

She made very mean comments about my husband's muteness in front of our guests . I tried to stop her but she went on and on about how she is scared that our baby might also be born with same disability. This was absolutely ridiculous because this was not something my partner was born with. It was caused by trauma and it can be cured.

When I said all that to her she said it doesn't matter and everyone knows he can't speak no matter how many treatments he goes through and I should accept it too. And stop forcing him for treatment.

At that point I knew it was no use arguing with her as she has no awareness in this regard. I told her to leave my house and only come to meet us again when she learns to resepct my partner.

She was hurt and mad and immediately left with my dad.

My dad is also very upset with me .He called me ungrateful for treating her like that after she took care of me when I was sick and told me to apologise to her.

I know I did right thing by asking her to leave but now I have made my dad upset. I don't really want to but should I apologise to her only because my dad wants me to ?

tldr: What do I do with my family that can't respect my husband because of his disability?



Submitted December 31, 2022 at 07:07AM by serenaaa__- https://ift.tt/Zsen3wc
I threw my step mother out of my house after she disrespected my partner for his disability to speak now my dad and siblings are mad at me and want me to apologise to her. I threw my step mother out of my house after she disrespected my partner for his disability to speak now my dad and siblings are mad at me and want me to apologise to her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 31, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.