Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

First christmas for me and my boyfriend was a mess

I’ve been with my boyfriend for around 6 months now! We’re both 26 and we live with our own parents. And it was our first christmas this year.

I invited him to come at my aunts house for Christmas eve and all my family would be there and he invited me to go the 25th at his uncle’s house for a Christmas dinner.

I started thinking about a month ago that I wanted to get a gift for his family but since we haven’t been together that long so I was thinking instead of a gift for each person (they’re 5) maybe I should get like a general gift that they can all use or like a home gift?

So a week ago he told me he was going to get like something general for my family and I told him I was going to do that as well!

That’s exactly what I did I got like a candle and a cute blanket from Winner’s nothing too expensive. I was still searching for other little things. I told him I got that and we went shopping together for things he could give my family. He found something cute, it was a tea set.

So the day before yesterday, he was busy. I called him told him I was going to get gifts for my mom and still looking for stuff to get his family. I got some chocolates to gift them and I called him to ask if he wanted me to get some so he could give my family and he told me yes. So I got them for him!

I also found some kitchen glasses for really cheap and they were really cute so I got them for them since they would all use it! I called him and let him know what I found!

Yesterday I woke up super early to get ready for the day and buy the little last minutes things. So, what I wanted to do initially is that day pass by his house to give the gift to his family with like a little dessert and some wine wish them merry christmas and then go to my aunt’s house for dinner with him. And on the 25th, for dinner at his uncle’s I wanted to arrive with like a little dessert and some wine since I never met them and I’m going to their house for the first time.

So I call my boyfriend and I let him know my intentions what I’m going to do for the day and where I need to go. I asked him do you want to come with me? Are you sure you don’t have anymore shopping to do? He told me nope.

So I go about my day, I go buy the desserts and order some for the 25th that I have to pickup that day. I call him tell him what I got and tell him I’m going to buy the alcohol now.

I ask him again if he wants to come with me he tells me no! I get the wines and saw like a specific alcohol that his dad like so I got it also!

I call him I tell him exactly what I got and that I got the bottle that his dad likes!

He textes me he’s like you’re doing too much. So I call him and he knows I was in the car with my sister so he’s on speaker! I ask him what do you mean it’s too much? He’s like GREAT since you did all that now me I’m fkn stuck last minute to go get specific gifts for your parents. I’m like but I didn’t get anything specific everything is for all of you! He’s like you got the bottle that my dad likes that means it’s for him!

Anyways, he was like overall really mad and blaming me that he now had to go last minute get gifts?? But I had kept him in the loop all along and also invited him to come with me!

He was also super insisting, like ADMIT THIS ISNT WHAT WE AGREED ON ADMIT IT ADMIT IT. And I told him we said a general gift which is what we said but he was super intense and wanted me to admit that really badly and wasn’t listening to anything I was saying! All of that in front of my sister.

I texted him, let’s please enjoy our night it’s christmas what you’re bringing is more then enough. If you want I won’t bring anything to your family if it makes you feel bad or I can not bring the bottle if it is too specific whatever makes you feel more comfortable!

Later on, he comes to pick me up and the first thing he says when I get in the car because I saw there was multiple gifts in the back was “You made me feel bad so I want to get a bunch of gifts for your parents”

I was so mad… I feel like I didn’t do anything.

He was super insisting on his point of view and we were so late to the dinner…He was also being super rude saying that I always do too much and that I’m too much all the fkn time. That it’s not like we’re married for me to get gifts like this. But I’m just being myself and doing what comes from my heart … We arrived at 10:30 pm when it had started at 8:00 and my makeup was ruined because I had cried. My mom kept calling me because they were waiting for us to eat!

I feel like my Christmas was ruined and I don’t even feel like going to his dinner now.

What should I do? How can I make this situation better.. If I was in the wrong I want to know and apologize and make all of this better!

TL;DR my boyfriend is mad I got more gifts for his parents then he did for mine

disclaimer english isn’t my first language so I am sorry for all mistakes

maybe I should mention that I noticed he has a tendency to make me feel bad on my special days… on my birthday i was so happy and felt so pretty so I posted a picture and he told me “ew you’re wearing too much makeup and wtf is this outfit its too revealing” when my makeup was the same as usual..



Submitted December 25, 2022 at 11:39AM by glossieraddict https://ift.tt/QmBhHo7
First christmas for me and my boyfriend was a mess First christmas for me and my boyfriend was a mess Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.