Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28F) am feeling like I’ve outgrown my family

So I grew up in a small town and moved to a city a little over an hour away.

My parents, younger sister, and one older brother still live in this small town.

One other older brother lives a few states away.

It feels like my family that all lives in the small town have their own thing going. I like visiting, but i end up feeling like a foreigner when I do.

I’ve invited my parents hundreds of times. I’ve lived in this city for 5 years. They’ve visited maybe twice. I try to accommodate and meet them halfway to drive them the rest of the way to my place, but they always have an excuse.

I’ve been visiting for the holiday. I have to drive back to the city tomorrow night to work a few hours at a church service. My family is Christian, so I invited them to come with me and enjoy the service. They’re still saying no.

I’ve been holding back on moving abroad while my parents are still alive because they get so upset and say when would they see me if they leave. But they make no effort to visit, so if I would move it would still be the same phone calls and stuff anyway.

Idk. I know my parents are old and my siblings work. But I have a demanding job too, and I still make time for them. And I make accommodations for my parents but they won’t cooperate.

TLDR - I feel like I don’t fit with my family anymore and idk how to handle it.



Submitted December 23, 2022 at 05:17PM by MissHyacinth21 https://ift.tt/n6OPfTX
I (28F) am feeling like I’ve outgrown my family I (28F) am feeling like I’ve outgrown my family Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.