Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Breaking it off with my long term FWB took a confusing turn

I (28F) started a FWB relationship with a man (38M) I met through work 4 years ago. I was insanely attracted to him and also knew that I did not foresee being together with him (and at that time, did not want any relationships as well). Hence, it was an arrangement that suited us both. We had decided in the beginning that if either of us developed feelings, we would discontinue the FWB.

Cut to the present - I developed feelings. And according to what was decided, I told him that we should stop. It was a very intimate conversation as well. I asked him if there was any reciprocation and he said there wasn't (I did not have any hopes because I knew what his answer would be).

However, now I am being blamed for issuing ultimatums, him not having had a choice and that I should not have let myself fall in love and deviated from the original agreement.

My only argument here is that I deserve to be loved back and hence find someone who I can experience that with.

Please redditors, tell me. Was I wrong somewhere in dealing with this situation? Could I have handled it differently? What could the man be thinking with those blames?

I ask because the person I was with, was firstly a friend I have high regards for. I don't want him hurting or feel ignored. But I also can't understand him right now.

TL;DR: Broke it off with my long term FWB based on considerations made in the beginning of the arrangement (we'll discontinue if one of us develops feelings) but now being blamed of issuing ultimatums, him not having had a choice and that I should not have let myself fall in love. Please let me know if I did something wrong or you think I could have handled the situation differently. Thanks.



Submitted December 26, 2022 at 01:40AM by Intrepid_Orchid2601 https://ift.tt/isfHZdj
Breaking it off with my long term FWB took a confusing turn Breaking it off with my long term FWB took a confusing turn Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.