Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me (27M) and my wife (27F) are at a breaking point with our new baby. Please help

Me (27) and my wife (27) had our first baby in November and as a first time father I'm struggling.

It started when we discovered he had a dairy allergy. He would be up all night screaming, non stop. Thankfully we switched him and things have been 10% better, but things are still incredibly rough.

When he was born I was so excited to be a dad, I cried and held him like he was the greatest gift ever, but the constant screaming, lack of sleep, not having any sort of sleep schedule is driving me to madness and even thoughts of suicide. I stay awake at night crying when he cries. I haven't enjoyed anything since his birth, minus a few quiet moments of him sleeping for more than an hour or two and I've just become so incredibly depressed.

My wife is handling this a million times better than me and I feel like nothing but a failure. My son doesn't want me, only wants to be with her and just starts screaming whenever I try to comfort her. I feel like I'm reaching a breaking point where I don't know what to do about my mental health.

Sadly, we don't have any family that can help take care of the baby. Her mom comes over maybe 2 times a month, but only for a few hours. My relationship with my wife has also changed, since we're both so tired and honestly miserable, we're at each others throats non stop.

I'm sure a million people have gone through this, but I'm just not sure what to do and this is a plea for help.

TLDR: Mental health is falling apart, relationship is rocky at best and I'm almost suicidal.



Submitted December 24, 2022 at 02:02AM by cadattack123 https://ift.tt/YCbS1wO
Me (27M) and my wife (27F) are at a breaking point with our new baby. Please help Me (27M) and my wife (27F) are at a breaking point with our new baby. Please help Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.