Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

FIL (55M) keeps going through our (24M) laundry and separating it, fiancé feels bad telling him to stop

So times have been tough and my girlfriend and I rent a room out of her parents place until we can afford a down payment on a house.

So for my girlfriends whole life, her father has done her laundry. I’ve been doing mine since I was 12 and now I feel uncomfortable with anyone else doing it for me. Maybe it’s OCD, but I get skeeved out by anyone touching my clothes except my Fiancé.

So instead of having 2 separate laundry bins, we put ours together and I wash it together. But very often, her father will come in when I’m at work and empty our laundry bin on the bed and separate my girlfriends clothes from mine so he can wash them then he puts my dirty clothes back into the bin.

He never does this while either of us are home which I have always found weird. After he cleans them he’ll leave the clean clothes on our bed if I’m home, if I’m not then he’ll go in our closet and put her clothes away himself.

I feel very uncomfortable with him picking apart our clothes and him touching the things that I wear.

He does laundry 1-2x a week and will take his, his wife’s and my girlfriends to wash them all.

I’ve told my girlfriend I’m uncomfortable and she told her father that we’ll do the laundry from now on, but he responded by saying he has nothing else to do and enjoys doing it and she didn’t have the heart to tell him to actually stop so he’s kept doing it.

Our room is small and we don’t have room for another laundry bin so I took an Amazon cardboard box and have just been using that for the past 2 months, but it looks really trashy and I’m tired of doing it.

I’ve spoken to him once telling him that I’ll take care of the laundry from now on that he doesn’t need to worry about, but he didn’t get the message and all he said was “it’s okay, I don’t mind doing it.” And I felt I couldn’t flat out say I don’t like having my clothes separated.

Am I being dramatic or does anyone else find it weird that he does this? I feel like he should either do all the clothes in the bin or do none of them, him separating them makes me feel weird.

Any advice on anything else I could say to him? Or just leave it be and keep using my cardboard box?

TL;DR: FIL keeps keeps going in our laundry bin and separating my clothes from hers and will put my dirty clothes back in the bin when he does the laundry. Told him I’ll do our laundry from now on, but he said he doesn’t mind and still does it. I get skeeved out when others touch my clothes and want him to stop. GF spoke to him, but didn’t have heart to flat out say stop.



Submitted December 22, 2022 at 06:54AM by pancakeFlipperzswah https://ift.tt/9EgjnFu
FIL (55M) keeps going through our (24M) laundry and separating it, fiancé feels bad telling him to stop FIL (55M) keeps going through our (24M) laundry and separating it, fiancé feels bad telling him to stop Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.