Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [23F] was pressured into letting my cousin [17F] live with me.

I used to live with 3 roommates, but after my lease ended in October I moved out and have been living on my own in a studio apartment. I made the really dumb mistake of mentioning this at a recent family gathering.

When my aunt heard that I'm living on my own now, she asked me how far I am from the university my cousin is starting at in August (the same one I went to). Then my mom jumped in and says it's not far and that it would be a perfect idea for us to live together. The plan originally was for my cousin to live at home and commute to school. If she lives with me, the commute would be about one third the time. My aunt said she would feel so much better if I was there to watch over her, and asked me if I was willing. As I was totally put on the spot, I said yes.

I feel like I basically got "voluntold" to let her live with me. I specifically moved into my current apartment to have my own place for the first time ever. Growing up I shared a room with my sister and I lived with roommates in college and since graduation, so I've never had a place to myself. Now it's been decided for me that I'm going to be getting a new roommate for who knows how long.

Am I justified in feeling really annoyed that I got bullied into this? Plus I'm pretty sure my cousin would rather live with friends her own age. Her parents really shelter her and I feel like her college experience would be so much better living on campus like I did.

tl;dr I got bullied into letting my cousin live with me as she attends college.



Submitted December 15, 2022 at 10:41PM by pixiestix896 https://ift.tt/Wr46pQD
I [23F] was pressured into letting my cousin [17F] live with me. I [23F] was pressured into letting my cousin [17F] live with me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 16, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.