Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

A little help needed for my 13y/o nieces awful behaviour

Hi guys, I’ve had my sister on the phone to me in tears 3 times in the last fortnight over my 13y/o niece’s behaviour. For background, my niece has been living with her father and grandma since she was 3 and recently returned to her mum (my sister) as her dad lost custody after his mother - my niece’s grandma died. She’s returned a completely bratty, racist, aggressive teenager that lies through her teeth at everything. My sister is at a loss at how to handle her - she hid her uniform so she could skip school last week, purposefully misses busses to avoid school and is rude, disrespectful and disruptive to teachers in lessons. She tells my sister that she has anxiety and mental health issues but no one she’s told believes her and refuses to help, so my sister has gotten a CAMHS worker involved, but niece refuses to open up. She’s manipulating my sister and frequently has her in tears. Today she told her mum she was going to the local town centre with a friend (15 minute bus ride) which my sister allowed on the agreement she would go no further and be home before 4pm. Instead, niece lied and went to the city centre (1hr30 bus trip away) and was only caught as she left her Snapchat location on. When she was told to come home she said she was on her way but turned her phone off, then used her friend’s (13f) phone to call her brother and brag she was still in the city. When she did get home, my sister grounded her and took away her phone/ gaming console, but all that got was my niece laughing at her and telling her she really couldn’t care less.

My sister is terrified of losing her daughter again but has no idea how to control this behaviour. And I have no advice to give :( as a family, we were split up and put into care as children and we really don’t want that for any of our children. Does anyone have any idea of how we can handle this? I’m currently in another country and it’s killing me that I can’t help her

TL;DR: my sister has just been given custody of my niece (13) after her dad lost custody of her, but she’s now a bratty, racist, agressive teen with a bad lying habit - how can we curb this behaviour?



Submitted December 28, 2022 at 03:27PM by ASmallThing94 https://ift.tt/zS5bO2B
A little help needed for my 13y/o nieces awful behaviour A little help needed for my 13y/o nieces awful behaviour Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.