Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Why can't my bf just let me win once?

Hi. Beforehand, stupid complaint, I know. (F22), (M26), 2 yrs together.

TLDR; bf won't sacrifice losing a minigame for the sake of both of us enjoying a game, ever.

So, my boyfriend is a gamer. I like that of him and I sometimes have fun playing with him. I try to inquire about his likes and he tries to find games he thinks I’d enjoy.

However, even if the games are co-op, there tend to be little competitive minigames within, that aren’t relevant to the story or main quest, but are just meant to be fun.

I try to practice the games whenever he isn’t around because I sometimes can feel insecure about him having to wait a while for me to get to him because (i.e.) I keep falling or failing a task. However, there is absolutely no way that I’d win a minigame versus him. No chance. Zero. Sometimes I’ve come close-ish, but then he tries again and smashes me, getting the highest possible score and winning.

Whenever this happens (not once, but multiple times in the session), I end up getting to a point where I get discouraged and don’t enjoy the game anymore as I feel like I’m too bad or the game is too hard for me. End up feeling kinda stupid and it just isn’t fun anymore.

I’ve told him several times, kinda every single time it happens and he sees and notices my mood drop. But, he keeps acting the same. I eventually feel like playing again, but I go for a while not feeling like it tbh.

There’s nothing to do, I know I’m in the wrong and should grow up. I’m trying to help it. But, as of rn, it’s not a nice feeling.

Thanks for reading! :)



Submitted December 27, 2022 at 03:16PM by Itsabunnny https://ift.tt/67rPfxJ
Why can't my bf just let me win once? Why can't my bf just let me win once? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 28, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.