Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (23f) dad (42m) was just murdered, what am I supposed to do now?

Sorry if this isn't the right place,, I'm not sure where to post.

Like the title says, my dad was murdered. He was killed in a "ghetto" town 20 minutes from where we live. My little sister (16f) called saying he was dropping off a friend early that morning and he never came back. The police came as I was on the phone with her and notified me. I'm in shock, pretty sure.

The police wouldn't tell me anything besides it was an ongoing investigation and that there would be an autopsy. I found out through the news that he was shot to death. Ironic considering he's an Army vet and made it his whole career without getting shot.

I have never been in this situation where I have to take care of someone who has died. I don't even know where to start. Do I call a funeral home now? Do I need a lawyer for his death? Since he was murdered, do I need to hire a different type of lawyer to seek charges? Since he was a vet do I need to contact the VA? What happens to my sister? I have a spare bedroom and it would be best for her to stay here. Could the state financially help me take care of her?

He didn't have a will so I don't know his final wishes on anything. All I know is he would want to be buried back home in Montana. We are currently in Kansas.

I'm utterly clueless and need as much help and information as possible.

TL;DR: My dad was killed and I don't know where to start to take care of him, paperwork, my sister, etc.



Submitted January 27, 2022 at 02:52AM by PotPotato19 https://ift.tt/3r4BDVG
My (23f) dad (42m) was just murdered, what am I supposed to do now? My (23f) dad (42m) was just murdered, what am I supposed to do now? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.