Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Girlfriend insulted me in front of parents

My girlfriend (22F) insulted me (20m) in front of her parents. Her dad jokingly suggested that I take out to dinner and pay for all of my friends for my birthday, to which she said "with what money?". Her parents both got uncomfortable, as they noticed it was a rude thing to say but she didn't. She recently graduated and works full time, however I'm still finishing college and focusing on getting into medical school without working. For context her family is very, very wealthy whereas I never grew up with money. This made me feel pretty bad because I spent a lot of time over the summer working to save money which I use to buy her food and gifts. When I told her it bothered me, she said it was a joke and that she knows I'm a broke college student, which kindve hurt even more lol. She says money is not important to her but it's always rubbed me the wrong way because she's never had to worry about money a day in her life, everything she does is payed for. Am I overreacting or is this really an insulting thing to say?

Tl:dr My girlfriend implied I have no money in front of her parents and it bothered me quite a bit



Submitted January 15, 2022 at 08:41PM by darroooz https://ift.tt/3tydzfw
Girlfriend insulted me in front of parents Girlfriend insulted me in front of parents Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 16, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.