Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28F) tried to express my concern to my partner (31M) about the amount of money we have been spending on weed. It didn't go well.

I tried so hard to be calm, reasonable and diplomatic about this. I tried SO hard. I really and truly did.

I said it exactly like this: "I'm deeply concerned about the amount of money we have been spending on weed, and I feel we really need to cut back. I went through the numbers and I was very alarmed. In the span of three weeks, we spent almost 500$ at the dispensary."

We're not in good financial straits right now and are really, really struggling, FYI. Also, I am pregnant and have not been using myself. Today I wanted to buy some strawberries and he got upset and objected because it was 11$ for a box, because, apparently we don't have the money right now.

As I was afraid he would, he got really, really defensive and upset. "Yeah, about 130$ a week, that's my normal. I've been cutting back! I cut out a whole bunch of other things! I don't drink or smoke cigarettes! Now you're telling me I need to cut back on the one thing I enjoy doing?"

Then: "It's in the past! There's nothing we can do! Just forget about it!"

I immediately backed down and apologized and said I shouldn't have said anything, because, clearly, it was a bad idea. I said I was not trying to criticize or attack him in any way, and I'm really not. I know he enjoys weed and I am not trying to take that away from him.

I just want to cry. I feel so bad now for saying anything. Every time I try to talk about something I'm upset or worried about, he just gets really upset with me it seems.

...I don't understand what I do so wrong. I'm trying so, so hard...

How do I always screw this up so badly?

TL;DR I tried to talk to him about the money we've been spending on weed cordially. It didn't go well and now I feel horrible and don't know how to fix this.



Submitted January 25, 2022 at 08:02PM by hazhulkha https://ift.tt/3tWA7qx
I (28F) tried to express my concern to my partner (31M) about the amount of money we have been spending on weed. It didn't go well. I (28F) tried to express my concern to my partner (31M) about the amount of money we have been spending on weed. It didn't go well. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.