Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (25M) have been thinking giving my girlfriend (23F) an out, but I really don’t want to.

My girlfriend is very smart young woman, with ambition to be a writer. We’ve been together for just over two years now and she’s definitely the love of my life. The problem is though, she recently got an internship offer that’s hours away.

I moved from my home country to work in the specific location I live in now. It had the best opportunities for me, and I understand that her moving would be the best for her as in our area, there isn’t much. However, she said she’s not going to take it.

She doesn’t want to ask me to relocate with her, and she’s insistent on staying here with me. I want her to take the internship, it would be great for her, her skills, and would help with networking. I’ve tried to get a transfer for my job, but the closet place I could move is still more than three hours away.

Her parents also want her to take the internship but she says she can be happy here with me, and she can’t ask me to move and job hunt in an area where my field basically doesn’t even exist. I know she wants to and I’m scared she’ll regret not doing it and then grow to resent me.

I’ve considered giving her an out in our relationship, not breaking up with her, but telling her if she wants to job more, she can have it. I’ll wait, but really, I’ve felt sick all week about this. I don’t want her to go, but I know for her, this internship would be amazing. Any advice?

INFO: Yes, her parents have been pushing me to do this. TL;DR I want to give my girlfriend and out in our relationship so she can peruse her dreams but I’m selfish and want her to stay.



Submitted January 29, 2022 at 09:26AM by GladSelection9949 https://ift.tt/7nXxUGzPd
I (25M) have been thinking giving my girlfriend (23F) an out, but I really don’t want to. I (25M) have been thinking giving my girlfriend (23F) an out, but I really don’t want to. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 30, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.