Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My gf [30] keeps talking about her world trip, and how that was the happiest time in her life. Hearing that really hurts me [29m], as the happiest time in my life is with her.

As the title says basically, it came up last night again during dinner with family, and she flat out said that was the happiest time of her life. She tried to save it by saying it was a different kind of happiness than now. What do you mean different? The happiest time in my life was when I first met her.

Her comment really hurt me. I havent had the courage to talk to her yet, and I feel really down about it. I am angry and hurt by her comment, I'm afraid of the answer when I ask her what she meant by what she said last night. This is a recurring problem in our relationship.

What can I do? If she was actually happier back then, I dont know what to feel. I don't want to be second place in this or any romantic relationship.

tl;dr: the happiest period of my gf's life is a period without me, mine is with her. That sucks.

---------------------------------------------

Edit:

Thanks all for your comments, I just want to make clear that I don't blame her for anything. I am happy she had the experience of traveling the world, and I wouldn't change a thing about her. As u/creamof_yeet pointed out, it has formed her into the amazing person she is today. And I do know she didn't say it to hurt me, she was just telling a story.

I guess I'm just sensitive and insecure about things. For example, she has a lot of fun stories about her travels, and I'm not able te reciprocate with a lot of stories of my own. I have traveled through europe and asia, but not nearly to the extent she has (she has been to every continent multiple times). I kinda missed out on that.

I know I get butthurt easily, and I'm working on that (and other things) in therapy. I just dont want my (sometimes) unreasonable feelings to get in the way of this amazing relationship I'm in now. Therefore seeking more help on this subreddit, which I thank all of you for.



Submitted January 19, 2022 at 02:47AM by malarkin https://ift.tt/3KoMAsR
My gf [30] keeps talking about her world trip, and how that was the happiest time in her life. Hearing that really hurts me [29m], as the happiest time in my life is with her. My gf [30] keeps talking about her world trip, and how that was the happiest time in her life. Hearing that really hurts me [29m], as the happiest time in my life is with her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 19, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.