Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24M) ruined my wife's (23F) childhood stuffed animal.

Using a throwaway but wife uses reddit so could potentially see this anyway.

This happened yesterday and my wife is absolutely devastated... understandably. My wife has had this stuffed dog since she was like 5 and sleeps with him and we personified him and make cute jokes involving him. It brings her a lot of joy and I feel so fucking bad for destroying it.

She had put it in the washer then saw there wasn't any laundry soap and left it in there for later when we went to town to get more. Long story short she forgot about it, I didn't know anything was in there, I threw our (white) bedsheets in with bleach and. fucking. destroyed. him.

It's not like completely white patches but it discolored it bad. Oh my God my face when I saw it at the bottom of the wash when I took them out... I tried to be as gentle as I could in telling her but I knew there was no saving grace in this. I felt her heart break. She didn't believe at first that I didn't see it and that I was trying to get her to "let him go" but I ended up crying and she settled down and said she was just overwhelmed and just needs some time. Now she's got it on her nightstand and everytime I go in there I feel like it's staring at me. I feel so fucking guilty.

What am I supposed to do? I fucked up bad.

(Edit: She likes to call him a he. Sorry Hannah if you see this I did my best but he ended up as an "it" in parts. I love you!)

TLDR: I ruined my wife's childhood stuffed animal and now she's depressed and I feel there's nothing I can do...



Submitted January 26, 2022 at 09:12PM by Throwawaypuppy123 https://ift.tt/3nZT1sz
I (24M) ruined my wife's (23F) childhood stuffed animal. I (24M) ruined my wife's (23F) childhood stuffed animal. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.