Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

GF and I want to get married but my mom is vehemently opposed to it..

I (29M) have been in a relationship with my gf (29F) for around 4 years now. We have known each other since college and have been good friends since. We are extremely compatible emotionally and financially, and our long term goals are aligned. We have been living together for the past year and it has been great. We are looking to get married this year and my GF's family are in full support. However, my mom refuses to support us on account of 2 factors -

  1. Religion (I'm Catholic and she's not)
  2. Appearance (I'm 5'11 and she's 5'3)

I have tried explaining to her that these points make no difference to us and that we are super happy with each other, but its always "what will society say" from her side. I have had 3 discussions on this with her over the past year (the last one with my GF present). but there is no sign of her changing her stance. What I have got instead is emotional blackmail and threats of boycott. My dad died when I was 4 so it's only my mom who's brought me up. My GF and I are still resolved to get married. Am I wrong in this and is there anything more I can do?

TL;DR: GF and I are ready to get married but my mom refuses to support us based on a difference of religion and height (5'11 vs 5'3)



Submitted January 22, 2022 at 10:08PM by LarryDsz https://ift.tt/3GU7u0X
GF and I want to get married but my mom is vehemently opposed to it.. GF and I want to get married but my mom is vehemently opposed to it.. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.