Ever since I (16F) had a conscience, my brother(19) had always bullied me. When we were younger we got along better, but there were always lots of sibling squabbles; wont give me a turn to play the Wii, making me cry, wrestling with me, not sharing the TV remote, etc etc.
As time went by our relationship got worse and worse. He takes every chance he gets to demean me and make fun of me. Anytime I try something new, maybe a new makeup look, a new clothing style, he always points it out and pokes fun at it. It is constant, and it hurts me. He does not talk to me, but instead talks to my parents about me, as I am sitting across from him at the dinner table. He doesn’t treat me like a person. My parents have intervened multiple times to try and change him but he has never really felt remorse for the things he has done to me. I believe that part of the reason why he does not feel remorse is his personality. He is a very entitled person, never thinking twice that he is in the wrong. Even our mutual friends will agree that he has a douche bag attitude, is selfish and has little respect for others.
Example: At times he walks around the house in only underwear despite the fact that we have asked him not to. He does not care about why we want him to put on clothes and therefore will not. There are many more instances like this.
He is home from college for the summer now, and I simply cannot take his behavior anymore. I just can’t live another day being ridiculed by him. It is to the point where I have dreams of him talking down to me and making me cry. I have been telling my parents over and over how hurt I am. I am confused why he treats me like this, less than everyone else. I always try to avoid his presence so that he won’t have a chance to say something mean to me.
A few hours ago I came to my father again to vent, and this time he brought us all together in a room to talk. I had begun to cry in front of my family as I expressed how I felt, and my brother smirked at me. He thinks that it is stupid and insignificant. My father tried to get through to him how much pain I am in, but my brother said that he does not feel like he has hurt me at all. When my dad asked him to apologize to me, my brother showed his remorse to me with a straight, blank, unemotional face. The apology was obviously not genuine, just as it never has been. I don’t know what to do or where to go from here. It hurts my parents that we don’t get along, and it is getting old for me too. I want to ask for family therapy but I am afraid. What should I do?
TL;DR my brother is very condescending to me and takes every chance he gets to ridicule and bully me.. nothing changes with interventions from our parents
Submitted June 22, 2020 at 06:23AM by whatwotwutwat https://ift.tt/2YmJnUA


No comments:
Post a Comment