Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (33M) daughter (7F) accidentally hurt our cat, I'm struggling

Over the weekend my 7YO daughter managed to seriously hurt our family cat (4 months old). She broke her leg picking her up to try and put her on her bunk bed, something we have told her over and over she is not to do. Well this time she hurt her, badly. Front left leg broke, and the vet unfortunately had to amputate the limb.

Now, my daughter is clearly devastated, she knows she has severely fucked up and has apologised almost continuously since. We have our cat home and she is recovering well - even already jumping and running like nothing has happened - but I can't shake this feeling of anger.

It started with being angry at my daughter, then angry at myself, and now I'm back to being angry at my daughter. I don't want to feel this way, I know she is sorry, I know she has unfortunately learned a very severe lesson on listening to myself and her mother (32F). I know she is going to have to live with this for the rest of her life. However, I still can't shake this feeling of anger.

I know I probably need to talk to someone, I want to discuss it with my wife, but how do I broach a conversation that starts with something so negative about our child? I love my daughter so much, and it tears me apart I feel this way. It tears me apart that I can't also comfort her when she needs me because of my deeper feelings.

What do I do to help combat these feelings? How do I initiate a conversation without making my wife feel like I hate our child?

TL;DR: My (33M) daughter (7F) accidentally broke our cats leg, it had to amputated. She is clearly devastated but I can't shake the feeling of anger towards her. How do I broach this with my wife (32F) without sounding like I hate my child?



Submitted June 23, 2020 at 02:32PM by IAmahTheahGameah https://ift.tt/31ao2zJ
My (33M) daughter (7F) accidentally hurt our cat, I'm struggling My (33M) daughter (7F) accidentally hurt our cat, I'm struggling Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 23, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.