Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (25M) fiance's (25F) parents (50's F and M) visit 4-5 times a week and too be honest I am so sick of it and want it to stop. I want alone time with my fiance

We have been together for 4 years and if not for covid delaying our wedding we would have been married by now. I love her so much she has always been there for me in the hardest moments. This is the most contentious issue in our relationship. She is extremely close to her parents which have absolutely no problem with but I never expected it to go this far. Since we moved in together 2.5 years ago the amount of times they come over has been crazy. They are good people but I am in a relationship with their daughter and I feel they should realise that this isn't normal. I am fine with them coming over once or twice a week but 4-5 and each visit is at least 2 hours. Her father has told me he knows I am probably frustrated saying "I bet your not happy having us 2 old dinosaurs here so often" and offered to have a word with his wife but too no avail apparently. We have had many arguments about this, not bad shouting arguments but my fiance just starts listing all the things her parents have done to help us and tells me to be more grateful. She also insists that having them over is fun but while I enjoy their company for a time as an introvert i am just uncomfortable being around them that much. She doesn't understand how much of a chore it is for me and just thinks I will come around and become part of this family group too. But I am her primary family now her parents are extended family. What are some better ways too approach her about this?

TL;DR- My fiance's parents visit way too much and I want to cut it down but my fiance doesn't



Submitted June 20, 2020 at 06:48PM by Throwawaybf201 https://ift.tt/2Nkjyhu
My (25M) fiance's (25F) parents (50's F and M) visit 4-5 times a week and too be honest I am so sick of it and want it to stop. I want alone time with my fiance My (25M) fiance's (25F) parents (50's F and M) visit 4-5 times a week and too be honest I am so sick of it and want it to stop. I want alone time with my fiance Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 21, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.