Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24f) have trouble connecting/opening up with potential SOs because my life has been really easy.

This is such a first world problem so if you guys tear into me a little I get it but I have found it challenging to developed meaningful romantic relationships because I've never had to go through anything very difficult in life yet. The guy I started seeing recently has opened up about his parents divorce when he was younger and working through college and putting in 14hr days at work 6 days a week doing manual labor when he got out of college to pay off his debt. I think this is amazing and have told him so but I cant relate to it at all as I am incredibly fortunate to have amazing parents that paid for my school without expecting to see a cent in return. I had no trouble getting a good 8-5 office job right out of college and don't rely on my parents financially but if I needed to they wouldn't think twice about it. No one close to me has died. I've never experienced a betrayal in any personal relationship. School wasn't very difficult. I've just been incredibly lucky. I don't get the feeling that people see me as being spoiled or entitled or anything but it seems like a big part of relationships is opening up about past hardships, and since I haven't had any, these conversations always feel very one sided. Is it enough just to listen or are there other topics I can lean in to as a way to open up and be vulnerable around people I care about?

TLDR: Nothing bad has happened to me so I have nothing to share when people share their hardships and I'm worried this makes me seem closed off.



Submitted June 20, 2020 at 05:51PM by generation-0 https://ift.tt/2Z0RJR8
I (24f) have trouble connecting/opening up with potential SOs because my life has been really easy. I (24f) have trouble connecting/opening up with potential SOs because my life has been really easy. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 21, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.