TL;DR I need advice on how to talk to my wife about how fake she is in public.
I(31M) have a wife (27F) of 6 years and 2 kids (2 yo girl and 5 yo boy). We have our disagreements as all couples do but today was the worst yet. I'm an introvert that can talk to people when I need to and look like a normal person while doing so and I found out today that it's driving my wife crazy.
I despise talking to people, being around them, hearing about them, or even thinking about being confronted by them. I've always been this way. I have no social media accounts (besides Reddit) and I only talk to people outside of my immediate family at work. Even then it's a soul-draining task that I need to recover from afterward. On the other hand, my wife is an extrovert. She loves talking to people and being the center of attention but she is horrible at it. Somehow people would rather talk and be around me than her and today she yelled at me for it.
I'm not quite sure how to take this on. I prefer delicately and with some compassion but I know that it's a tough thing to talk about. Especially when I need to tell her how I see things and the way she comes off as fake and bubbly around others. So if anyone has had any experience in this situation or could give some insight that I may be missing, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll take any criticism constructively so don't be shy. Thank you for your time. Enjoy your day.
Submitted June 22, 2020 at 08:45PM by TheTravelingTitan https://ift.tt/313Xpwd


No comments:
Post a Comment