Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (M26) make my girlfriend (F25) feel better after a major injury?

As the title reads, my girlfriend slipped down a flight of stairs and fell directly on her back. I took her to urgent care and the X-rays had shown no sign of break on bone bruising, but her back is massively inflamed. The doctor said 6 weeks is the total heal time, but it may take longer for her to fully recover. She has trouble getting up from bed and even walking puts her in so much pain that she cries. I walk with her and support her by holding her up and using my arm to balance her so she doesn't lean wrong onto the side that hurts worse.

Yesterday she cried because she said she was burdening me with her injury and she's useless. (She recently got fired from her job because they wouldn't approve a leave of absence) I told her that she'd never be a burden to me because she lights up my day when I get home from work and I don't mind supporting the two of us for as long as I need to.

It really hurts seeing her this way. My girlfriend the most important person in my life, and seeing her struggle with her standard depression on top of the depression from not being able to move kills me. I just want her to feel like she can rely on me to be there when she is hurt, but I think she expects me to resent her because I'm currently doing overtime and all the house work while she's down. I honestly couldn't care less, all I want to do is help her get better.

Is there a way I can calm her down and make things easier for her?

Tl;Dr my girlfriend hates herself for being injured and I want her to know Im not troubled by helping her.



Submitted December 04, 2019 at 10:31AM by Captain_Bungle_Bear https://ift.tt/2Ylp9ZY
How do I (M26) make my girlfriend (F25) feel better after a major injury? How do I (M26) make my girlfriend (F25) feel better after a major injury? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.