Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (20M) boyfriend is a pathological liar (20F)

We’ve been together for a little over a year. Since the beginning of the relationship I’ve noticed discrepancies in his stories but I simply ignored my intuition. However, these past two months it seems everything came up to the surface. He was compulsively lying so much. He mostly did so to keep us from fighting by hiding things or saying he did things he didn’t do. After a couple of these fights he said he felt that he was a compulsive liar and needed help. I was honestly really angry and completely dismissed him - I responded saying that was just an excuse and it wasnt true.

Anyway, we agreed no more lies and then I caught him in another one. I was furious, crying and everything because I didn’t understand why he wouldnt just be honest. It hurts because the things he lies about aren’t even bad it’s the lies that are. So he apologized and confessed to all these other lies he had told. Mostly lies that took place in the beginning of the relationship to make him look good. He also promised to continue uncovering lies and he has been doing so. Whenever something reminds him of something he’ll be like “I lied about that” and proceed to explain. These lies are mostly stories to make him look good (number of sexual partners, doing something he said he would do).

He has an appointment for therapy and he expresses that he wants to stop. He makes me happy in all the other aspects of the relationship- his lying is the only issue but it is a big one considering it requires trust. My question is, it possible for him to change? Is this salvageable?

TLDR: Boyfriend is a pathological but has come clean about a lot of past lies. Expresses he wants to change and I don’t know if he can or I should leave before it gets worse



Submitted December 28, 2019 at 01:09PM by xicanisma https://ift.tt/2tVak4Y
My (20M) boyfriend is a pathological liar (20F) My (20M) boyfriend is a pathological liar (20F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.