Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25F] husband [27M] flipped out over my haircut today and I don't know what to do.

My husband and I have been together since highschool, married for 5 years. He is my everything; I love him so much.

I have basically looked the same since I was 15. Longish hair that I keep varying shades of blonde. That's the main part of this.

We literally have never discussed my hair in regards to how I keep it. I keep it long and blonde because I really like it, and honestly my husband has never made a comment on it besides liking it, he has never told me how to keep it, I just happen to never change it. He will occasionally stroke my hair, sometimes he calls me his "blonde bombshell". But just regular comments, nothing super frequent and he has never brought up what I do with it, and the compliments are usually about me in general not just the hair.

I went for my regular haircut today and I decided just to switch it up. I've been feeling like I want to change it recently. I decided to. I went totally out of left field and decided to go brunette, chopped it into a lob and got blunt bangs. I absolutely LOVED it. It made me look like a fancy business woman and I thought it was really elegant on me.

I got home, really excited to show my husband. He basically flipped out. He kept asking me why I "ruined my beautiful hair" and got really, really mad. He basically said it was the ugliest thing he's ever seen on me and he told me to go back to the hairdresser and fix it immediately. He was so upset, we argued for almost an hour. He just kept asking how I could do that without asking him and he was honestly the most angry I've ever seen him.

I called and went back but there was only so much she could do. We did some colour stripper and some highlights but she didn't want to fry my hair. I felt horrible and tried my hardest to convince her that she really did do an AMAZING job but I just needed it changed. She was able to fit me in and got it a lot more blonde, closer to what I was earlier in the day. She ended up giving her clients to another girl just to take me again which I felt awful about.

My husband said it's better than it was but I'm really upset how disappointed he was. I asked him why he didn't tell me he liked it so much and he said he thought I knew.

Basically, he hasn't treated me the same since. He seems really distant and he's been shrugging me off constantly. He even got a seperate blanket for himself for the bed and made up 2 different sides. He keeps cutting me off when I try to talk to him and saying he's "fine" and to stop annoying him. He took our wedding photo off the mantle and put it away. He said he would put it back up when "I was recognizable again". How do I bring this up in a less insistent way? Do I just let him calm down? It's really bothering me because I have never dealt with this with him. What should I do? How do I make him see how hurtful this is to me?

TL;DR I changed my hair and it upset my husband way more than I realized it would.



Submitted December 28, 2019 at 08:25PM by givingreasonsis https://ift.tt/2tTS1x0
My [25F] husband [27M] flipped out over my haircut today and I don't know what to do. My [25F] husband [27M] flipped out over my haircut today and I don't know what to do. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.