Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (32F) boyfriend (33M) gave me a ring as a gift, but it isn’t an engagement ring. I’m not sure how to feel.

Hey Reddit! Basically, the title, but I’ll go into a little more detail. Throwaway because I’m not sure If my boyfriend still Reddits.

I’ve been with Rick (name changed) for four years. We first met at work and instantly hit it off, though he left that job two years ago and found something more in his field. We have a wonderful relationship, and are on the same page with where we want to live, whether or not we want kids, marriage etc. and we are both sure that we want to get married to each other. In fact, after about our one year mark, we started talking about it seriously, and often have conversations about it.

Anyway, around early November he started dropping heavy hints that he was going to propose to me on Christmas. He would say “your ring size is 6.5, right?” And then smile and tell me that I’m going to love my Christmas gift. Stuff like that, and sort of often. So I’ve been really excited ever since then. At the same time, I was a little confused since he told me before that he didn’t want to propose until we lived together, which I understood of course. He has his own apartment. I moved in with my sister a few months after Rick and I started dating. She had a baby boy and another on the way at the time, and I moved in to help her financially. I don’t mind at all, as I love helping her with my nephews and in return she’s grateful and never pressured me to stay or leave. Sister is just starting to get on her feet, so I’m planning on moving in with Rick.

Anyway, come Christmas, and we both got each other gifts related to a hobby we both share, but no ring. I was a little disappointed, and I think he sensed it and told me that I’m going to love my New Years present. We don’t typically exchange gifts on New Years, so I had a feeling he was going to propose.

Last night I stayed over his house, and this morning he handed me a small box. I was so happy and excited! I opened the box and inside was a beautiful ring with a little ruby (My favorite gemstone) and for a short moment I was ecstatic. But then Rick informed me that it isn’t an engagement ring. After I told him how much I love the ring, I asked him why not make it an engagement ring, and he told me that he isn’t ready yet and wants to wait until we have lived together for at least a year.

I understand that maybe he will propose one day, but I can’t help but feel immense waves of disappointment. This may sound like a first works problem, but I really thought we were going to be engaged. I even told all of my friends that we will probably be getting engaged around this time because his hints were totally obvious. Is it weird to anyone else that a boyfriend gets his girlfriend a non engagement ring? What should I do?

TL;DR: boyfriend of 4 years has been heavily hinting that we would get engaged at Christmas. He got me a ring, but it’s a non engagement ring. What should I do?



Submitted December 31, 2019 at 12:30PM by Ringconfusion9000 https://ift.tt/2ZFu0FO
My (32F) boyfriend (33M) gave me a ring as a gift, but it isn’t an engagement ring. I’m not sure how to feel. My (32F) boyfriend (33M) gave me a ring as a gift, but it isn’t an engagement ring. I’m not sure how to feel. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.