Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Wife (34f) “joked” that I (33f) will be a terrible cat mom. I don’t want to get a cat anymore

I was on the fence the whole time and my wife ultimately convinced me. I didn’t grow up with pets and I am wayyyy more of a dog person than a cat person anyways. My wife likes both equally but we don’t have enough room in our life right now for a dog. We’ve been married 2 years.

Anyways we‘re visiting her family for the Christmas holidays and she brought up that we are going to adopt a cat in early January. Her parents are huge pet lovers and they were excited of course.

My wife started joking (unprompted btw) about how I’m going to be a “terrible cat mom” and that she’ll have to be the one supplying the cat with all the love. She brought up to her parents that I was against getting a cat and that I don’t like cats but she managed to convince me. Basically she made me sound like a huge grinch who hates animals. She mentioned about how I’m a huge neat freak and will probably be mean to the cat if the cat makes a mess or breaks stuff in our house. She was “kidding” (she’s often a jokey person) but I thought it was extremely disrespectful and made me look bad in front of her parents.

I confronted her about what she said as we drove back to our house tonight. She was unaware and apologized... except it wasn’t really an apology. It was more of a “I’m sorry you got offended by the joke” type of thing. I told her it wasn’t funny and that it actually hurts my feelings a lot to hear her say she thinks I’ll be a bad cat mom. Her reply was that she knows I don’t love cats, that I “tolerate” them and will probably grow to like them but that it’s not a natural instinct for me.

Sure I don’t love cats, but I was excited for the cat we were going to adopt and I was excited to be cat moms with her. Now I feel just a sense of dread. She apologized when we got into the house and she realized I was seriously upset. It’s not even the joke though. It’s that she views me like this and has thought this for the past few month, that I’m some neurotic bah humbug grinch type wife who is mean to animals.

Bottom line I guess is that I don’t want to get a cat anymore. I feel negative about the whole thing and I’m unsure how to bring this up when we’re less than two weeks away from adopting, and how to bring this up without sounding like I’m being petty

TLDR; wife joked about me being a terrible cat mom. I don’t want a cat with her anymore



Submitted December 26, 2019 at 10:25PM by goodgoodgreat33 https://ift.tt/2MwRPdv
Wife (34f) “joked” that I (33f) will be a terrible cat mom. I don’t want to get a cat anymore Wife (34f) “joked” that I (33f) will be a terrible cat mom. I don’t want to get a cat anymore Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.