Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it wrong of me (21 F) to expect my boyfriend (25 M) to help me out financially?

We have been dating for 3 years, and lived together for one year. He pays rent and I am responsible for groceries, cable, light bill, water bill and phone bill. I also take him to and from work (which is a good 30 min drive) almost every day because he doesn’t have a car.

Is it wrong of me to expect him to help with small things (like gas) considering it DRAINS my car taking him to and from? Every time I ask, he either coincidentally “loses” his wallet or gets an attitude and says “I pay to keep a roof over our head every month.”

I don’t think I’m asking for too much, but he makes me feel like I am. Yeah, he pays RENT, but I feel as though I’m putting way more into this financially. He also has been telling me over a year that he’s saving up for a car, but he has nothing to show for it. I’m getting fed up. Am I in the wrong?

EDIT: I have wrote down a budget to see if things are truly “equal” and it’s not. Our rent is $600. After utilities, groceries and bills I pay $740. I have also tried suggesting we just split everything down the middle so it WILL be equal and he doesn’t want to.

** TL;DR my boyfriend won’t help me out with small things (such as gas) and gets mad if I ask **



Submitted December 31, 2019 at 03:06PM by cdanixo https://ift.tt/2MLsOeL
Is it wrong of me (21 F) to expect my boyfriend (25 M) to help me out financially? Is it wrong of me (21 F) to expect my boyfriend (25 M) to help me out financially? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.