Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

my (22m) friends are telling me my fiancé (24m) is abusing me

i’ve been with my fiancé for 4 years, engaged now for 2. i am disabled, almost entirely wheelchair bound. he knew this upon getting with me, and i felt safe as he is disabled as well, just in different ways. we’re both mentally ill, but i’ve had extensive therapy and help he hasn’t had access to through no fault of his own.

about a year ago, things turned extremely sour with our relationship. i found out he’d been talking shit about me to our friends, he started yelling at me, holding the fact that he provides for me over my head despite how often i told him i would try and work and he always said no. now, looking back, i think it was a tactic to control me and keep me helpless.

i have never been an adult without him, have lived with him all of my adult life. he hit me, once, and never again but i still think about it. in the past few months, it’s been worse; he’s taking his mental illness out on me, not listening to me when i try and tell him things that hurt me. he’s also treating our friends like shit.

our roommates (my best friend [24f] and her wife [27f]) have sat me down and told me he is abusing me. they aren’t the first people to be concerned for me this way. i gave him an ultimatum, make a therapy appointment in a specific time frame or i leave. not go to the appointment. just make it. he didn’t.

i guess i have to leave now. i’m just...i don’t know. no matter what i do nothing gets better, just worse. on top of all this, he’s a liar. constantly lying about everything despite me catching him in his lies all the time and saying i do.

is it right for me to leave? is there more i can do? i’m so tired.

tl;dr i think i’m being abused and i’m scared. i don’t know what to do.



Submitted December 28, 2019 at 08:56PM by throwaway18951937 https://ift.tt/37t9viz
my (22m) friends are telling me my fiancé (24m) is abusing me my (22m) friends are telling me my fiancé (24m) is abusing me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.