Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend’s family called me high maintenance and I don’t feel good about it.

My (21F) boyfriend(24M)’s parents called me high maintenance. I never thought I was high maintenance, so that was upsetting to hear. They didn’t say it in a mean way but I don’t think there’s any nice implication to that term.

There’s a few reasons I can imagine they’d call me that. First, I like designer and high quality clothes. I wear them often, I carry designer purses, etc. However, my boyfriend doesn’t buy me these things. I get them as birthday and Christmas gifts from my family or I get them for myself from TJ Maxx, Century 21, and other discount stores. I don’t pretend I buy them direct from the designer stores, either.

I’m also kind of spoiled by my parents. My boyfriend lives a couple hours away and one weekend that I was going to visit, we had freezing temperatures and a train had recently flipped off the tracks. I was planning to take the train up to his house, but my parents wanted to drive me there instead. They also treat me to nice things, such as some new snow gear for my first ski trip that I went on with my boyfriend. They do this to reward me because I work extremely hard in school and do internships (And because I do, I’m going to law school on a full scholarship).

Other than these things that I personally wouldn’t consider high maintenance, I don’t know why they’d call me that. My boyfriend and I rarely go to restaurants or out to even remotely fancy places when I’m with him, he doesn’t constantly buy me things nor do I request for him to, and I like to lounge around when I’m with him so I’m not harassing him to do things.

What might I be doing wrong, and how can I fix it?

TL;DR: BF’s family called me high maintenance but I don’t think I am. What do I do?



Submitted December 29, 2019 at 10:52AM by prvt1234556677733333 https://ift.tt/2rCByfW
My boyfriend’s family called me high maintenance and I don’t feel good about it. My boyfriend’s family called me high maintenance and I don’t feel good about it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.