Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [26M] know when it's time to propose to her [26F]?

I've been with my girlfriend for 11 years. We went on our first date when we were both 15. We dated throughout highschool and got serious in college. We own a home together and we actually just welcomed our first son into the world. Everything always seemed to just progress naturally in our relationship, she is perfect for me. I think she feels the same about me.

That flame from when we were younger has never died, just grown and changed. I feel more of a deep connection and feeling of...wanting to protect her almost when I see her rather than just a fiery lust like when we were, say, 17, but she still ignites the fire in me. Overall she's my Queen. I love her so much.

We had always kind of brushed off marriage as something we didn't really want, although her less interested in it than I was. A few weeks ago, though, she had her sister over for her kids to meet the baby and I overheard them in the playroom. My girlfriend was saying that she was kind of leaning more towards wanting to get married lately, after having our son, and things like she could see him as the little ring bearer. She also said she recently has been thinking about wanting us to all have the same name.

It really got me thinking and I want that, too. It meant so much for me to hear that she wanted take my name. But, it feels like we are getting to the party late. Would it be appropriate to surprise her with a proposal? Her talking about it with her sister made me realize how long I actually have wanted to marry her. At this stage in our life, is this something we should discuss together instead of me moving for that big surprise move?

I wasn't sure exactly how to approach it or how to make sure the timing really is right.

TL;DR I want to propose to my long term girlfriend and mother of my son but I'm not sure how to go about it this late in life.



Submitted December 27, 2019 at 01:28PM by thekittiesareking https://ift.tt/39jn71f
How do I [26M] know when it's time to propose to her [26F]? How do I [26M] know when it's time to propose to her [26F]? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.