Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My husband nearly died tonight, thanks to his own stupidity, and my best friend contributed and made it worse. I need advice on dealing with my friend.

Me (48F) and my husband (54M) and my best friend "Sue"(48 F). We enjoy dirtbike riding and quad bike riding on the weekends. Hubby and Sue are both big drinkers, while I don't drink at all. Sue used to be a nurse but is not working at the moment, not for any negative reasons, just can afford time off.

Lately hubby and Sue have been taking the quads out late at night while heavily intoxicated. I've tried to stop them but haven't been able to. They ride in a forest and sand dune area so aren't annoying anyone else but it is dangerous.

Last night (New Years Eve) a bunch of us went camping and hubby and Sue were riding round while very drunk, no helmets, when hubby rolled his quad. He flipped off and the handlebars smashed his face, split his nose open from top to bottom, fractured his eye socket and cheek and jaw. We're sitting in hospital now.

One of the other mostly sober friends rang an ambulance and explained what had happened. The emergency operator told her not to move him and said they would bring fire dept. as well to get to us in the sand dunes. Sue, however, wanted to put him in the 4WD and take him to the nearest road to meet the ambulance as it would be quicker. Hubby was in recovery position bleeding profusely but not life threateningly so, and also wasn't very coherent. Sue started yelling at the friend who had been on the phone saying we would move him and take him to the road, other friend started yelling back not to move him, then Sue started screaming in her face and threatening to punch her! This screaming match went on for several minutes leaving me not knowing if we should be preparing to move or not and hubby groaning in pain and bleeding.

Luckily I had other people there who quickly sobered and helped and we're now in hospital. But I'm left really angry and distressed at the way Sue behaved, especially as she's a nurse and has worked emergency for many years. I feel really let down by her. I know there is probably an element of guilt and drunkeness involved in her reaction, but regardless I think she was way out of line. I really don't know how to approach this with her, or should I even bring it up at all?

TLDR: Hubby had a motorbike accident and was quite badly hurt. Best friend got into screaming match and nearly a fist fight with another friend over whether to follow emergency personnel's advice. She's a really good friend but she put my husband's life in danger by panicking and let me down. How do I talk to her about it?



Submitted December 31, 2019 at 04:59PM by nzbluechicken https://ift.tt/2rG970C
My husband nearly died tonight, thanks to his own stupidity, and my best friend contributed and made it worse. I need advice on dealing with my friend. My husband nearly died tonight, thanks to his own stupidity, and my best friend contributed and made it worse. I need advice on dealing with my friend. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.