Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (32f) father (56m) is so obsessed with bad weather, he still tries to ground me from driving.

I adore my father, he's a great guy but he's obsessed by bad weather.

He stalks weather reports and regularly forwards me weather alerts.

I haven't lived at home since I was 21, I've never gotten a ticket, nor been in an accident. I'm a pretty decent driver imho.

Anyway, we text regularly and he always asks "so what are you doing today?"

This is a trap question, it's so he can tell if I'm going anywhere. In the winter he freaks out even more.

I (foolishly) answered that I had to go to the grocery store (I have kids and have been married 10 years).

He freaks out saying the roads are too icy, I try to placate him by saying I won't drive if it's bad, I'll have DH check the roads first, etc.

That's not good enough.

He finally ends up texting "Listen to your father!" At this point, I've lost my patience.

I text: "I'm 32, I'll be safe, I don't know when I'm going out, but I'm old enough to determine if it's too dangerous to go anywhere."

. He's now refusing to answer me.

How on earth do I deal with his obsessive fear and trying to control my driving?

I really, really try to calm him because I do love him and know he's only worried about my safety. But it's driving me up the freaking wall.

tl;dr father tries to ground me from driving when he thinks weather is bad.



Submitted December 27, 2019 at 08:04AM by frogswife https://ift.tt/2SzWBuK
My (32f) father (56m) is so obsessed with bad weather, he still tries to ground me from driving. My (32f) father (56m) is so obsessed with bad weather, he still tries to ground me from driving. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.