Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Wife (33F) is suddenly taking lots of business trips in the same place. Am I overthinking this?

I won’t use any names for privacy. Wife and I have been married 10 years and have 2 kids under 10 yo. She works at executive level in a corporation and is required to take 2-3 trips per year, always in the same places (headquarters and a convention). In over 10 years, she’s never had any trips to this new place, let alone so many in a few months. I don’t want to accuse her of anything so please give me a reality check.

Around September, she announced she’s going on a work trip to this place, the next day. A little odd since she always knows about a trip months in advance but I didn’t question it. Our tradition is to FaceTime her before the kids go to bed and when we wake up for school/work. This did not happen on said trip, which only made my feeling that something is not quite right even worse. She returned after 2 days, everything seemed normal so I brushed it off.

Cue to 3 weeks later, another trip in the same place, short notice. This time I tactfully asked her a little about it (not accusatory in any way) but she was giving me very vague answers as opposed to going on and on about previous trips. Again, little red flags were popping. This time she FaceTimed us when she got to the hotel and something felt kinda off. She was impatient, short, kept telling us she loves us and couldn’t wait to get back home.

After this second trip, a few days later I found out she’s in touch with a semi-celebrity kinda guy from a pretty popular live show on A&E. The way I found out is that I drove her car and the phone log was on the screen when I got in, showing calls with this dude that usually last about 10-15 minutes and coincide with her commute to/from work. I googled said dude and found out that he is in the same state as her sudden trips. My blood started rushing and I felt like such a fool. Being the adult I am, however, I decided to not make a mountain out of an ant hill, so I mentioned it casually during dinner and her reaction was...no reaction? Just said, “oh yeah, he’s a friend and we’ve been talking these days”. She didn’t seem upset/surprised/nervous at all, but also didn’t really have an explanation on how the two got in touch, much less about becoming “friends”.

Anyway, since that conversation, she’s taken 2 more trips there, most recent right before Christmas. Those times she called us before bed and I’m not sure if it was just her attempt at making it look normal or I’m being paranoid. Her phone doesn’t have a passcode and I’ll shamefully admit that I snooped a couple times with no results, beyond the nearly daily calls to this dude. They also text and I have a feeling she deletes certain texts but that’s just my suspicion. I feel like an idiot. I don’t wanna accuse her of anything without having some proof, but living like this is giving me anxiety and a very shitty feeling. I don’t know how to talk to her without sounding accusatory.

What do y’all say? Thanks...

TL;DR: wife is going unusually frequently to a place where her new “friend”lives m



Submitted December 28, 2019 at 02:38PM by christmastreeforme https://ift.tt/2SAizxy
Wife (33F) is suddenly taking lots of business trips in the same place. Am I overthinking this? Wife (33F) is suddenly taking lots of business trips in the same place. Am I overthinking this? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.