Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [21M] sister [23F] stopped talking to me after I defended my girlfriend of two years [20F].

We were sitting in the living room talking about random stuff until the topic of my girlfriend came up. The conversation played out like this:

Her: Oh, your girlfriend used to have a different name?

Me: Yea, but she would rather not say because it’s a sensitive topic for her.

Her: Is it something like very racist remark regarding her ethnicity?

Me: Hey, that’s not funny, you shouldn’t say stuff like that.

Her: Its fine, I know when to say something and when not to.

We left it at that and she left the room.

Afterwards I tried to sit down with her and asked if we could talk. I told her that I didn’t like what she had said about my girlfriend and that, again, it was a sensitive topic for her. She then proceeded to repeat her defense of “knowing what to say and when”. Seeing as I couldn’t get her to understand my point of view, I just expressed that I don’t want to hear stuff like that said about her anymore. She got angry and I left.

Not long after, I sent her a message. I apologized if I had seemed rude and that I didn’t think she was a bad person, only that her ‘jokes’ go a bit too far sometimes in my opinion. I told her that I thought it was a racist joke and wasn’t appropriate. Even though my girlfriend didn’t hear it, I heard it, and explained to my sister that I had a problem with it as it was a joke at the expense of someone I love. Also that if my girlfriend made such a remark about my family members, I would speak to her about it as well. She then replied with a bunch of personal insults towards me. I tried to recover it but her mind was seemingly made up.

So my question is: What can I do to salvage this situation and bring some peace back between us? I genuinely don’t think she is a bad person but rather childish when it comes to conflicts and disagreements.

Also currently due to this argument, it has been uncomfortable being in the same room as her and it really brings the mood down for everyone.

TL;DR: Sister insulted my girlfriend, I wasn’t fine with it and expressed it, she got upset with me and isn’t talking to me anymore. What do?



Submitted March 31, 2019 at 11:20AM by ttpainnn56 https://ift.tt/2YE8RLc
My [21M] sister [23F] stopped talking to me after I defended my girlfriend of two years [20F]. My [21M] sister [23F] stopped talking to me after I defended my girlfriend of two years [20F]. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.