Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [22 M] sister [13 F] came out to me that she is bi. I'm not sure how to support her.

A little backstory: I'm the second eldest of a family of 5 children. My parents are very religious (practicing catholic) and have been vocally against the LGBT movement. They raised us children to be catholic. However I realized a few years back that I'm atheist, but my siblings are still somewhat catholic but not as much as my parents.

My younger sister [13 F] came out as bi to me last week. I was happy for her and told her that it's great that she was able to figure this out about her self. I warned her that our parents probably wouldn't be accepting or supportive. She told me that she knows and she's really scared about that. She also let me know that she told our brothers [23 & 14 M] and sister [17 F]. Everyone was supportive but my younger brother who just got kinda awkward.

Other than telling her it it completely normal and being there to openly talk to her I'm not really sure how to "support" her. Is there anything I should do to be a good older brother? I don't think it's my place to tell my parents, or talk to my younger brother.

TLDR: My sister came out as bi to me. I said congrats and that's great. I told her our religious parents probably wont approve. I don't know what else I can do to support her.



Submitted August 30, 2018 at 12:32PM by Justaprole https://ift.tt/2PRoLxC
My [22 M] sister [13 F] came out to me that she is bi. I'm not sure how to support her. My [22 M] sister [13 F] came out to me that she is bi. I'm not sure how to support her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.