Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My birth parents (30sM/F) recently attempted to get back in contact with me (16F)

(Throwaway because I don't have a reddit account, apologies for formatting due to mobile)

To start out with, the players in this story are me, my adoptive dad, and my birth parents.

My parents terminated their parental rights when I was 10. Without going into too much detail, I was assaulted by some members of my family, and I ended up with post-traumatic amnesia (I literally didn't remember anything about myself or the world around me. Look it up, if you want) and severely decreased use of my right leg (I now walk with a cane). My parents terminated their rights to me while I was in a coma after the assault.

After my stay in the hospital, I was put into foster care. I recovered the majority of my memories (my name, my family, my home address, etc.) in the first few weeks, and I was horribly depressed due to the fact that I couldn't see my family.

My adoptive father adopted me out of the system when I was eleven, after he had fostered me for several months. He is probably the nicest person I know, and he has accepted every part of me with love and warmth. In every way except biologically, he is my father.

However, about two-ish months back, my birth parents showed up at our door. I don't even know how they got the address, since they terminated their rights to me???

Anyways, they showed up at the door at eight o'clock at night, claiming to be my dad's friends (who actually were meant to be there to do some gaming marathon with my dad). When I opened the door for them, they tackled me in a group hug, which was INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. I barely recognized these people, and they just hugged me!

I shouted, since I was so freaked out, and my dad ran down and physically pushed them off of me. Once they explained who they were, he sent them away and told them to come back the next day. When they did, they said that they hadn't terminated their rights to me, that it was done against their will, and that they wanted me back in their lives. They've been staying at a nearby motel for the past two months.

The problem is, I don't WANT to be in their lives. I have a life with my dad and my (adoptive, obviously) aunts and uncles and my friends. I'm an entirely different person than I was before the assault, and I don't want to be put back with the family that let me get hurt so badly in the first place. But they're threatening to charge my dad with kidnapping or something if I don't go with them.

Inb4 "this is so fake, ugh this sounds like a bad soap opera, who could believe something so obviously fake": yeah, I fucking wish this was a bad soap opera.

TL;DR: My birth parents supposedly terminated their parental rights to me when I was ten. Now, they want me to leave my home to go live with them. Do I have to/how do I say no?



Submitted August 29, 2018 at 03:20PM by tttthrowwwwwawayyyyy https://ift.tt/2MWNuSz
My birth parents (30sM/F) recently attempted to get back in contact with me (16F) My birth parents (30sM/F) recently attempted to get back in contact with me (16F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.