Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (27M) best friend (27M) retracted my plus one to his wedding after he heard who I was bringing.

The groom and I have been best friends since we were kids and I'm in his wedding party (his brother is the best man). I was in a serious relationship when I was asked to be in the wedding party and it was assumed I'd be bringing her as my date to the wedding. We've since broken up and I've been seeing someone else, but it's too early to call it "serious." When I mentioned that I would be bringing this new girl to the wedding (which is in a few weeks), the groom asked if we were "serious" and when I said we hadn't been dating that long yet, he said I wouldn't be allowed to bring her unless it was a serious thing. Keep in mind, he has never met her before, so it isn't an issue of character.

This is pretty upsetting to me, so I'm wondering if I'm wrong to be extremely insulted by this. I could maybe understand if they were running out of space or something, but if I had told him we were in a serious relationship, it would have been fine. I haven't been to a ton of weddings, so maybe this is common? I've never heard of it happening, myself.

tl;dr - My best friend (the groom) took back my plus one after he found out that it wasn't a serious relationship.

EDIT: I very much appreciate all the viewpoints given here, so thanks. Just wanted to further clarify, since it doesn't seem to have been obvious to everyone - The issue for me is that the plus one was given then taken back. I have no issues with people only wanting people they know at their weddings. My invitation had my name 'and guest.' Not a specific second person. I received my invitation while single. I'm not going to cause any drama for my friend's wedding. I'm wondering, from a relationship perspective, if I should be taking offense to this. Do I bring it up after? Do I not say anything at all? This is my best friend who I've put a lot of time and money into over the past few months. (MUCH more than the cost of a $100 plate of food, not to mention I will still be giving him a generous wedding gift).



Submitted August 29, 2018 at 08:13AM by ThrowawayGroomsman18 https://ift.tt/2LFAvQv
My (27M) best friend (27M) retracted my plus one to his wedding after he heard who I was bringing. My (27M) best friend (27M) retracted my plus one to his wedding after he heard who I was bringing. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.