Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28M) am in the military and currently doing some training away from home I have a (26F) wife (5yrs). Am I overreacting? Why do I feel this way?

So this isn't the first time something similar to this has happened but since it happened last night, it is fresh in my head.

I'm deployed for a training exercise away from my family and I work night shift. Around 9pm I call my wife like I do every night and we had an awesome conversation. At one point we could hardly talk because we were laughing so hard. We eventually get off the phone so she can get some sleep and I tell her I'll call her tomorrow because I have the day off.

At about midnight my phone is completely dead and I don't have a charger. My coworkers ask if I want to go with them to a 24 hour breakfast diner. It sounds good so I go.

I get back home around 1:45 plug in my phone and pass out.

I wake up to a phone call from my wife asking why I haven't called her yet. I tell her I was up pretty late because we all went to the diner and I was sleeping in enjoying my day off.

She immediately got pissed off at me saying that she didn't know I went to get breakfast. I need to tell her things like that and I needed to leave her a message saying when I got home. She then went on to say I never tell her anything. She is always kept out of the loop. Things like that.

It honestly didn't seem like a big deal at all to me. I got invited last minute to grab some food, she was already asleep, I fully intended on calling her when I woke up. I just didn't realize I was doing anything wrong.

Now I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed and defensive towards her.

I hate to think every time I have a spontaneous event pop up, if she doesn't know about it, there will be hell to pay.

Give me some advice please. Am I overreacting?

TL:DR Deployed away from spouse. Ate some breakfast food after work when wife was asleep. She was pissed that she didn't know about it. Is that normal. Am I tripping?



Submitted August 30, 2018 at 01:43PM by sharkfather https://ift.tt/2LGkMRh
I (28M) am in the military and currently doing some training away from home I have a (26F) wife (5yrs). Am I overreacting? Why do I feel this way? I (28M) am in the military and currently doing some training away from home I have a (26F) wife (5yrs). Am I overreacting? Why do I feel this way? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.